Welcome to Rowden House School
Rowden House School provides individualised care and education programmes for children and young adults aged 11 to 19 years, with severe learning disabilities and challenging
Read Recent Care Inspection Reports Results
We are able to offer a range of placement options including:
- Day Placements
- 52 weeks residential – Full residential care
- 38 week residential – The youngster is resident at the school during term time only
- 39 to 51 week residential – Where there is a need to provide additional residential sup-port to meet the needs of the young person and their family. For example we have a young person who is placed for 42 weeks. She goes home all holidays except for the long summer break when she goes home for 2 weeks and stays at the school for the other 4 weeks.
Our facilities and collective knowledge and expertise enable us to guide our youngsters through long term programmes of formal and informal education and development. We
encourage all our children to develop a positive self image, promoting their ability to express their personal preferences through informed choice. This develops confidence enabling people to realise their full potential and grow into happy and healthy adults.
At Rowden House we believe that every child has a right to live a fulfilling life, and develop their full potential educationally, emotionally and physically through:
- Establishing a safe and stable environment.
- Providing a firm foundation for ongoing social and educational progress.
- Ensuring consistency and continuity across both educational and residential areas.
- Individualising programmes to suit the child's needs and ensuring progression.
- Developing communication through a 'total communication' approach.
- Improving undesirable behaviours with support from the Psychology
- Addressing all points of the 'Every Child Matters' agenda.
- Self-evaluating progress on a continuous basis
Achieving great OUTCOMES for children & young people. Read more...