Why Join Us?
Training and Development
The SENAD Group is committed to providing staff with access to appropriate training and development in order to:
- promote good practice
- ensure the safety of staff and those in our care
- develop new skills and keep up to date
- meet business objectives
With this in mind, every employee is encouraged to maximise their potential, developing their skills and abilities to meet the present and future needs of the business and the changing needs of those in our care.
As well as the provision of excellent in house training and development opportunities, the Company will fund external training and sponsor courses leading to a nationally recognised external qualification or award where appropriate. Examples include the NVQ in Social Care up to Level 4, Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), CIPD professional qualification and IOSH to name a few.
The Company views training and development as a benefit rather than a cost and recognises that in order to meet its commitment, it will need to provide both financial and human investment. However where demand exceeds available resources, training and development requirements will be prioritised on the basis of service user and business needs.
In addition to training and development, no matter what your chosen career, you can be sure of competitive salary and annual leave entitlements. We also offer:
Child Care Voucher Scheme – ideal for working parents who pay for child care. By accessing and paying for child care with child care vouchers directly through the payroll you can save money by paying less in tax and national insurance. Visit www.busybees.com for more details.
Employee Assistance Programme – An excellent, all round confidential support service for employees, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The service includes:
- A general advice line on all matters that you would typically ask the Citizens Advice Bureau, Legal Advice, Debt Counselling and Financial Information.
- Telephone Counselling – for all types of worries, problems and everyday pressures.
- Face to Face Counselling – offered at a local centre and often within five days.
- Bullying and Harassment Support Line.
- Workplace Consultation / Support for Line Managers – to support those with line management responsibilities.
For examples of real life career case studies with in the SENAD Group ... CLICK HERE .... You will see that the Group provides a wide range of differing careers but the constant theme is the commitment to training and a supportive environment offered to all.